Start the weekend early.
Open invite. Crash at our house after work and explore our home. Bring your crew or come solo—there’s something for everyone. We’ll keep the lights on for you!
Escape the hustle. Chill and have a cocktail and light bites. Discover our secret garden in the heart of downtown while listening to local musicians.
Be inspired. Tap into your creative side by checking out the galleries and making your own work of art. Not an artist? No worries. We’ll guide you through the steps.
Free parking is NOW AVAILABLE on-site at the Taft’s garage, first-come-first-serve basis. For additional parking suggestions and other nearby garages, check out Best Parking for nearby garages. The closest Red Bike stations are at P&G and Sawyer Point, and the closest streetcar station is Station 2 at 4th and Main.
* Free parking is available on-site at the Taft’s garage, first-come-first-serve basis. CROWDS EXPECTED, please check taftmuseum.org for additional parking suggestions.GRAB YOUR FREE TICKET
House Party | Empowered Women
Thursday, March 12
The Taft Museum of Art’s next after-hours House Party event celebrates Women’s History Month, bringing together some of the city’s leading women in art and design. As part of ArtsWave’s larger Power of Her initiative, the night will honor the empowerment of women to mark the 100th anniversary of the passage of the 19th Amendment. Open late from 5-8 p.m., guests can enjoy:
- A chance to create a unique work of art that can be submitted to AIGA Cincinnati and WomanUp’s annual Words of Wisdom Gallery Show later in March. Proceeds from the show will support Planned Parenthood Southwest Ohio and Women of Cincy.
- Celebrate the exhibition finale of African-American artist Cynthia Lockhart, whose work is currently on view in the Sinton Gallery in Journey to Freedom: Art Quilts by Cynthia Lockhart. Discover the piece created just for the Taft in response to the famous Duncanson Murals within the Taft’s 200-year-old historic house and hear Lockhart’s church choir for a special exhibition farewell, closing March 15.
- Explore the Taft collection of women portraits through a guided tour, including the Museum’s co-founder, Annie Sinton Taft’s portrait in the Music Room and learn how she helped to start and support organizations such as ArtsWave, the Cincinnati Symphony, the Cincinnati Zoo–and others!
- Cheers with a Molly Wellman specialty cocktail at the cash bar, named after the Museum’s co-founder, Annie Sinton Taft, alongside light bites and a live DJ.
Upcoming House Party dates:
Funding for music generously provided by the Wohlgemuth Herschede Foundation in loving memory of Holly Ann Herschede.