Your support is important to us!
It allows us to do all that we do, from keeping up the house, now almost 200 years old, to maintaining the high level of programming and exhibitions over 61,000 visitors have enjoyed this year. Please consider an investment in this home that is considered one of the treasures of the greater Cincinnati community. Our home is your home!
Adopt-the-Murals Giving Challenge
December 2 – December 12
The Taft Museum of Art invites you to join us for our first-ever crowd-funding campaign with the opportunity to ‘adopt’ the world-famous Duncanson murals in support of the Taft and the historic house ahead of its 200th anniversary in 2020. The Taft’s ‘Adopt-the-Murals Giving Challenge’ is in partnership with this year’s Cincinnati Gives Challenge by Cincinnati Magazine, a friendly fundraising competition where area nonprofits compete to raise the most money for their cause through daily competitions, running December 2, 5p.m. EST through December 12, 5p.m. EST.
All crowd-funded donations made December 2 through December 12 will be matched up to $5,000—in any installment! Those who join the challenge will be recognized for their combined contributions within the museum as the inaugural ‘Adopt-the-Murals Crowd-Funding Donors.”
Each day has a different giving challenge—help us compete against over 100 other organizations to win these top prizes and make your support, go further.
- December 2 – December 12 | Grand Prize winning organizations can win up to an additional $10,000
- December 2 – December 12 | By raising $500 or more, the Taft is entered to win an additional $2,000
- December 3 | By raising the most money on Giving Tuesday, the Taft can win up to an additional $3,500
- December 4 | By having the most unique donors today, the Taft can win up to $1,000
- December 5 | By raising the most money today, the Taft can win up to an additional $500
- December 10 | By raising the most money today, the Taft can win up to an additional $1,000
- December 11 | By raising the most money today, the Taft can win up to an additional $2,000 towards Cincinnati Magazine
Experience the Duncanson Murals
The first African American artist to achieve international acclaim, Robert S. Duncanson (1821-1872), painted this series of eight large-scale landscapes, directly on the plaster walls of the home of art patron Nicholas Longworth. They are now recognized as the most significant pre–Civil War domestic murals in the United States.
See them for yourself at our December House Party.
Other Ways to Give
- A donation can be given to the Museum at anytime. It can come in almost any form—cash, stocks, or bonds. Donations can also be made to honor or memorialize someone.
- Planned gifts are “planned” over a specific period of time, or at some time in the future. Most people use a tax adviser or lawyer to assist them with planned gifts. The gifts can come in a number of forms, including charitable bequests (money, personal property, or real estate), life insurance (a charity is assigned ownership of a new policy), or gift annuities.
- For an electronic gift of stock, wire transfer or stock certificate, please click here for instructions.
- Support the Taft while shopping at Kroger by signing up for Kroger Community Rewards.
To make a gift or learn more about how you can support the Museum, contact:
Director of Development
(513) 684-4527 or firstname.lastname@example.org