We couldn’t do it without you!
Are you interested in volunteering at the Taft? We would love to have you! Along with having passion for the Taft Museum of Art and its collections, the only prerequisite is Taft Membership.
Are you interested in our current volunteer opportunities and how you can become part of our team of ambassadors? We would love to have you become a volunteer ambassador! No prior volunteer experience is necessary—just enthusiasm and an avid interest in the activities and programs we offer.
Volunteer Ambassador opportunities include:
- Special Events (weekends and evenings)
- Guest and Member Services (weekdays and weekends)
- Office Assistance (weekdays)
- Research (weekdays, when positions are available)
- Internships (weekdays, when positions are available)
Volunteer Ambassadors agree to a commitment of serving at least 6 hours a month.
Volunteer Ambassadors will receive:
- Training to make volunteers an integral part of one of the Cincinnati area’s most distinguished museums
- Invitations to educational tours of new exhibitions and other public programs
- 15% discount in the Museum Store and 10% discount in the Café
- Recognition at the annual Volunteer Appreciation luncheon
- Free parking during the Ambassador’s shift, as available, in the Museum’s garage
- Networking opportunities to create new friendships and social contacts
- A meaningful volunteer experience
Submit your application and direct any questions to Kristin McFadden at firstname.lastname@example.org or (513) 352-5134.
Love Art + Love People = Docent
- Art: from Old Masters to contemporary sculpture, we have something for everyone.
- Cincinnati history: get to know the Taft family and their historic house.
- Lifelong learners: make new friends—our dedicated docents share a passion for art, history, and learning.
- Our community: actively engage with visitors from Cincinnati and around the world who come to see the Taft Museum of Art.
The Taft Museum of Art is recruiting docents (volunteer museum guides).
The Taft’s team of dedicated docents provides interactive experiences for visitors of all ages. From art-making to tour-giving, docents work with Museum staff to engage audiences both inside the galleries and outside the museum walls.
Docent trainees meet weekly from October 2018 through May 2019. Graduates of training make a commitment to serve as a docent for a minimum of three years. Docents continue their art history education and keep up with touring best practices by attending regularly scheduled enrichments, meet-up workshops, and walk-throughs for special exhibitions. Active docents commit to an average sixteen volunteer hours per month.
Taft Museum of Art docents participate in the following programs:
- Giving school and adult tours and leading art-making activities
- Assisting with Artist Reaching Classroom, a year-long high school program
- Helping with Memories in the Museum a program for people with memory loss and their caregivers
- Supporting weekend and evening event such as Third Sunday Funday, House Party, and more!
Submit your application and direct any questions to Lisa Morrisette at email@example.com or (513) 684-4520.